Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006) as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh. The institution is currently being headed by Dr. Paramjit S. Jaswal.
RGNUL started functioning from its Headquarters – Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala w.e.f. 26 May 2006.
From session of 2013 RGNUL started functioning in its permanent 50 acre campus which is located at scenic Sidhuwal, 12 kilometres from Patiala. RGNUL is affiliated to UGC and approved by the Bar Council of India.
Various Journals functioning actively in RGNUL are as follows:
- RGNUL Student Law Review
- RGNUL Financial & Mercantile Law Review
- RGNUL Journal of Social Sciences
- RGNUL Book Series on Corporate Law & Corporate Affairs
In a short span of eight years RGNUL has established a number of specialised centres in its campus catering to the myriad needs of its students. The most important among them are the following:
- Centre for Advanced Study in Criminal Law (CASCL)
- Centre for Consumer Protection Laws and Advocacy (CCPLA)
- Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH)
- RGNUL Institute of Competitive Exams(RICE)
- Centre for Study in Agriculture Law and Economices (SALE)
- Bureau of Information for Studies Abroad (BISA)
- Directorate of Distance Education (DODE)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR)
- RGNUL School OF Social Sciences (RSSS)
You can know more about RGNUL by visiting their website HERE.