By Prarthna Sharma
1st September, 2016
Magsaysay Award 2016 conferred on Bezwada Wilson, TM Krishna .
- Bezwada Wilson and TM Krishna has been conferred with the prestigious Magsaysay Award for the year 2016 .
- Bezwada Wilson is an Indian Activist and he is also the founder of Safai Karmachari Andolan (SKA), whereas T.M Krishna is a vocalist in carnatic music.
2nd September, 2016
Army Design Bureau launched.
- With the aim of reducing the dependence on imports and encouraging “Make in India” initiative, Army Design Bureau has been set up by Indian Army.
3rd September, 2016
India attained 35th rank in Logistics Performance Index 2016.
- India has attained 35th rank out of 160 countries in the Logistics Performance Index 2016, released by World Bank.
Majuli has been declared as the largest river island in the world.
- Majuli, situated in Brahmaputra River, has been declared as the largest river island in the world ,by Guinness World Records.
4th September, 2016
Mother Teresa has been canonised as Saint.
- Mother Teresa has been canonised as Saint by Pope Francis at Vatican.
5th September, 2016
5 September: National Teachers Day.
- Marking the birth anniversary of Dr. S.Radhakrishnan,first Vice President of India, 5th September is celebrated as Teacher’s Day, every year across the country.
6th September, 2016
China hosted G-20 Summit 2016
- The eleventh edition of G-20 summit was hosted by china.
- The theme of G20 Summit 2016: “Toward an Innovative, Invigorated, Interconnected and Inclusive World Economy”.
7th September, 2016
‘Thithi’ conferred with the best film award at BRICS Film Festival .
- Best Film Award at BRICS Film Festival was conferred upon Indian film, Tithi,directed by Raam Reddy.
8th September, 2016
08 September: International Literacy Day.
- International Literacy Day is celebrated every year on 8th September across the globe.
- 2016 Theme: ‘Reading the Past, Writing the Future‘
9th September, 2016
India wins two Gold Medals at Rio Paralympic Games 2016.
- India won two Gold Medals at Rio Paralympic Games 2016:
- Mariyappan Thangavelu, won the gold medal for India in Men’s High Jump and also became the first Indian to win gold in High Jump at Paralympics.
- Devendra Jhajharia, won the second gold medal for India by making a world record in Javelin Throw .
10th September, 2016
Sarathi, an offshore patrolling vessel, commissioned by Indian Coast Guard.
- Sarathi, an offshore patrolling vessel, has been commissioned by Indian Coast Guard.
11th September, 2016
Deepa Malik wins silver medal at 2016 Rio Paralympics .
- Deepa Malik has won the silver medal for India in Women’s shotput at Rio Paralympics 2016 ,and with this she has created history by becoming first Indian woman to win a medal in Paralympics
12th September, 2016
Stan Wawrinka wins US Open Men’s Singles title 2016.
- Switzerland’s Stan Wawrinka has won the US Open Men’s Singles title 2016 by defeating Serbia’s Novak Djokovic in the finals.
13th September, 2016
Yudh Abhyas, Joint military exercise between India- US, begins in Uttrakhand.
- 12th edition of Yudh Abhyas 2016, a joint military exercise between India and US, has begun in Uttrakhand.
14th September, 2016
14 September: National Hindi Divas.
- National Hindi Diwas is celebrated every year on 14th September across the country with the aim of promoting Hindi language.
- On this day Hindi was adopted as the official language by our Constituent Assembly in the year 1949. Presently India has two official languages, Hindi and English.
15th September, 2016
15 September: International Democracy Day.
- International Democracy Day is celebrated every year on 15th September across the globe.
- 2016 Theme: “Democracy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development“.
Abraham Verghese conferred with National Humanities Medal 2015.
- The prestigious National Humanities Medal 2015 has been conferred on Indian –American Abraham Verghese by U.S President Barack Obama.
16th September, 2016
16 September: International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- Marking the day on which the Montreal Protocol was signed, International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on 16th September every year across the globe.
17th September, 2016
Prestigious Arjuna Award conferred on Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma
- The Prestigious Arjuna Award has been conferred on the Cricketers Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane. Rohit Sharma was given the award for the year 2015 and Ajinkya Rahane for the year 2016.
18th September, 2016
Kunwar Bai to be the mascot for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Kunwar Bai , A 105 year old lady from Chhattisgarh has been chosen as the mascot for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan by the Union Government.
Subhankar Pramanick wins gold medal at ISSF Junior World Cup.
- Indian ace shooter Subhankar Pramanick has won the gold medal at the ISSF Junior World Cup 2016.
19th September, 2016
Alka Sirohi takes charge as UPSC chairperson
- Alka Sirohi replaces Deepak Gupta as the chairperson of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
20th September, 2016
India attains 112th position in the World Economic Freedom Index 2016 .
- India attained 112nd rank out of 159 countries in the recently published World Economic Freedom Index 2016.
21st September, 2016
21 September: International Day of Peace
- The International Day of Peace is observed across the world on 21st September every year.
- 2016 Theme: “The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace”.
22nd September, 2016
Justice G C Gupta- Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court
- Justice G C Gupta will be the new Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
23rd September, 2016
Navtej Sarna takes charge as the Ambassador to the US.
- Navtej Sarna replaces Arun Kumar Singh as the new Indian Ambassador to the United States.
24th September, 2016
Indra 2016- India- Russia Joint military exercise begins.
- Eighth edition of ‘Indra’ i.e the Joint military exercise between India and Russia, has begun in Russia.
26th September, 2016
RK Pachnanda takes charge as DG of National Disaster Response Force.
- R. K. Pachnanda has been appointed as the Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
27th September, 2016
27 September: World Tourism Day .
- 27th September is celebrated as the World Tourism Day across the globe every year.
- 2016 Theme: ‘Tourism for all – promoting universal accessibility’.
Sudhir Pratap Singh takes charge as the DG of National Security Guard.
- Sudhir Pratap Singh takes charge as the new Director General (DG) of National Security Guard (NSG).
28th September, 2016
OP Singh takes charge as the DG of CISF
- O.P.Singh is all set to take charge as the Director General of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
29th September, 2016
29 September: World Maritime Day
- 29th September is observed as World Maritime Day all over the world every year.
- 2016 Theme: “Shipping: indispensable to the world”
30th September, 2016
Jim Yong Kim- President of the World Bank.
- Jim Yong Kim has been reappointed as the President of the World Bank for the second term.
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR OUR CORRESPONDENCE COURSES HERE.
You can read more about English HERE
You can read more about Logical Reasoning HERE
You can read more of Current Affairs HERE
You can read more of Legal Reasoning HERE.
You can read more of General Knowledge HERE