Q. In each of the following questions, replace the underlined word with an appropriate alternative chosen from the options.
1. Some commentators have rejected this position because of what they take to be its highly counter-intuitive intentions.
2. Hardly anyone considers the elections unwillingly.
3. Cash channel to the treasury is adversely affected due to such policy measures.
4. There has been much speculation concerning the ordain of lunar craters.
5. Before formulating the laws of motion, Galileo designated between empirical study and mathematical study.
6. I shall take it as axiomatic that mankind has chided the latter alternative.
7. The colonists forced a council to make laws for the colony.
8. History of government in America shows a gradual dynamic of the system.
9. Concern about the effects of global warming has fettered renewed interests.
10. The World Trade Centre is the status of prosperity in America.
11. Dimensions of corruption have become a part and predicament of our national life.
12. Firms try to position themselves in the market to earn returns on their economy.
13. The ability to speak is a great blessing but it can also be a great karma.
14. What may not be cruel under one set of circumstances, may be extreme cruelty under allured set of circumstances.
15. There is no destination that our age is different from previous ages.
1. b. implications
2. d. contests
3. b. flow
4. c. origin
5. a. distinguished
6. b. chosen
7. d. formed
8. b. development
9. b. fostered
10. a. symbol
11. b. parcel
12. c. investment
13. b. curse
14. c. another
15. c. doubt
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR OUR CORRESPONDENCE COURSES HERE.
You can read more about English HERE
You can read more about Logical Reasoning HERE
You can read more of Current Affairs HERE
You can read more of Legal Reasoning HERE.
You can read more of General Knowledge HERE