By Prarthna Sharma
1st April, 2016
Start-up India portal and mobile app launched.
- Start-up India portal and mobile app was launched by The Government of India.
Inclusiveness and Accessibility index launched for people with disability.
- In order to promote accessible India campaign, Inclusiveness and Accessibility index was launched by the Union Government.
India ranked 6th in the UNIDO report 2015.
- In the recently released United Nations Industrial Development Organisation’s Report, India secured 6th rank amongst the top ten largest manufacturing countries.
Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour conferred on PM Narendra Modi.
- Saudi Arabia honoured PM Narendra Modi by conferring him with the highest civilian honour- the King Abdulaziz Sash.
3rd April , 2016
West Indies won 2016 ICC T-20 Cricket World Cup.
- West Indies grabbed the ICC T-20 Cricket World Cup trophy, by defeating England in Eden Gardens stadium, Kolkata.
4th April, 2016
Tran Dai Quang took charge as the 9th President of Vietnam.
- Tran Dai Quang took charge as the 9th President of Vietnam by replacing Truong Tan Sang.
Mehbooba Mufti- New Chief Minister of Jammu &Kashmir.
- The state of Jammu & Kashmir gets its first women Chief Minister- Mehbooba Mufti.
Madhya Pradesh gets world’s first White Tiger Safari.
- The first in the world White Tiger Safari was inaugurated at Mukundpur, Madhya Pradesh.
5th April, 2016
National Maritime Day observed on 5th April.
- National Maritime Day observed on 5th April.
- 2016 theme : “Ease of doing business in the maritime sector”
6th April , 2016
Gatiman Express began its operation from Delhi.
- Gatimaan Express , which is first semi-high speed train of India, began its operations from Delhi.
7th April, 2016
World Health Day observed on 7th April.
- World Health Day was observed on 7th April across the world.
- 2016 theme: “Beat Diabetes”
Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson takes charge as the new PM of Iceland
- Sigurdur Ingi Johannsson replaces Igmundur Gunnlaugsson as the new Prime Minister of Iceland.
Aryabhatta’s Bronze Bust gets unveiled at UNESCO Headquarters
- Bronze Bust of the great Indian mathematician, Aryabhatt was unveiled at UNESCO, Headquarters by SmritiIrani.
- UNESCO’s headquarters is in Paris, France
8th April, 2016
Justice Permod Kohli – The new Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal.
- Justice Permod Kohli replaces Justice Syed Rafat Alam , as the new chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal.
Hashim Thaci elected as the new President of Kosovo
- Hashim Thaci replaces Atifete Jahjaga as the new President of Kosovo.
CP Gurnani takes charge as the Chairman of NASSCOM
- CP Gurnani takes charge as the Chairman of NASSCOM ( National Association of Software and Services Companies.
UK’s prestigious Founders Award was posthumously conferred on Mother Teresa.
- United Kingdom’s prestigious Founders Award was posthumously conferred upon Mother Teresa.
Climate Change Action Plan launched by World Bank.
- With the aim of tackling the situation of climate change, Climate Change Action Plan was launched by world bank.
B.B. Tandon committee constituted for monitoring Government Advertisements.
- B.B Tandon committee is constituted by Union government with the aim of monitoring government advertisements.
World Press Freedom Prize to be conferred upon Khadija Ismayilova
- Journalist from Azerbaijan , Khadija Ismayilova is bestowed with the prestigious Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize, given by UNESCO.
10th April, 2016
Prestigious Global Indian of the Year award 2016 conferred on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was conferred with prestigious Global Indian of the Year Award,2016.
Saraswati Samman to be conferred on Padma Sachdev.
- Prestigious Saraswati Samman will be conferred on Padma Sachdev, who is a Dogri Poetess.
11th April. 2016
Nepal gets its first woman Chief Justice- Sushila Karki
- Sushila Karki becomes the first woman Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court
Unified Payments Interface launched by NPCI.
- In order to ensure efficient mobile payment system, Unified Payments Interface is launched by National Payments Corporation of India.
13th April, 2016
IMF gets its 189th member- Nauru
- Nauru has recently acquired the membership of International Monetary Fund, World Bank. It will be the 189th member.
Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Abhiyan launched.
- In order to promote village self governance through Panchayati Raj, Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Abhiyan was launched by the Union Government.
14th April, 2016
UN observed Birth Anniversary of B.R.Ambedkar
- 125th Birth anniversary of B.R Ambedkar was observed by UN on 14th April
- B.R.Ambedkar is known as the father of Indian Constitution.
15th April, 2016
Prime minister launched eNAM
- eNAM , which is National Agriculture Market portal, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Susmita Pande – New chairman of National Monument Authority.
- Susmita Pande replaces Himanshu Prabha as the new chairman of National Monument Authority.
17th April, 2016
AIBA appointed Mary Kom as ambassador for Women’s World Boxing Championship
- International Boxing Association has chosen Mary Kom to be the ambassador of Women’s World Boxing Championship.
18th April, 2016
Indian Gymnast Dipa Kamakar becomes first to qualify for Olympics in her category.
- Dipa Karmakar makes India proud by becoming the first woman gymnast from India to qualify for Olympics.
World Heritage Day celebrated on 18th April.
- World Heritage Day is celebrated on 18th April every year.
- 2016 Theme: ‘The Heritage of Sport’.
19th April, 2016
Australia won Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament,2016
- By defeating India in the finals, Australia ensured its victory in the Sultan Azlan Shah Tournament , 2016.
20th April, 2016
Deepak Mishra takes charge as ADG of CRPF
- Deepak Mishra takes charge as the Additional Director General of Central Reserve Police Force.
Tatya Tope’s commemorative coin released by Government.
- Marking the martyrdom of Tatya Tope, commemorative coin of Rs.200 and Rs.10 was released by the Government of India.
21st April, 2016
India secured 133rd position in World Press Freedom Index.
- Out of 180 nations, India has managed to secure 133rd rank in the World Press Freedom Index.
- World Press Freedom Index is published by Reporters Without Borders(RWB) every year.
Rahul Johri becomes the first CEO of BCCI.
- Rahul Johri takes charge as the first Chief Executive Officer of Board of Control For Cricket in India.(BCCI) general manager for South Asia.
22nd April ,2016
Earth Day observed on 22nd April.
- 22nd April is observed as Earth Day across the globe, every year.
- 2016 Theme: ‘Trees for the Earth!’
24th April, 2016
- Sahapedia, which is an online interactive heritage portal, first of its kind in India, was launched by the government.
- This portal will contain information about culture, heritage and different forms of arts in India.
Salman Khan- Goodwill Ambassador of Indian contingent in Rio Olympics.
- Salman Khan for the very first time is appointed as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian Contingent participating in Rio Olympics.
25th April, 2016
World Malaria Day observed on 25th April.
- World Malaria is observed on 25th April across the globe , every year.
- 2016 Theme: “End Malaria For Good”.
26th April, 2016
World Intellectual Property Day observed on April 26
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed every year across the world on 26th April.
- Theme: “Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined“.
28th April , 2016
Censor Board functioning to be monitored by Shyam Benegal Committee.
- A Committee headed by Shyam Benegal has been constituted to monitor the functioning of Censor Board.
29th April, 2016
Nelson Mandela Award conferred on Tabassum Adnan
- Prestigious Nelson Mandela award for the year 2016, was conferred upon Tabassum Adnan, an activist from Pakistan.
30th April, 2016
Surender Kumar Bhagat takes charge as the DG of Railways Protection Force
- Surender Kumar Bhagat replaces R R verma as the new Director General of Railways Protection Force (RPF).
1 thought on “<b>Current Affairs for CLAT 2017</b>: April 2016”
aur sabhi months ka