By Prarthna Sharma
1st June , 2016
Admiral Sunil Lamba all set to take charge as the new Navy chief
- Admiral Sunil Lamba replaces Robin K. Dhawan as the new Chief of Naval Staff.
Lewis Hamilton won Monaco Grand Prix of F1 2016.
- Great Britain’s Lewis Hamilton has won Monaco Grand Prix title of Formula One 2016.
2nd June, 2016
BCCI gets its first CEO- Rahul Johri.
- Rahul Johri is all set to take charge as the first ever CEO of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
National Disaster Management Plan launched by Prime Minister.
- A National Disaster Plan based on the theme of “Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-30”, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Odisha becomes first state to provide transgenders with social benefits.
- Odisha becomes the first state to provide transgender community with social benefits including pension, housing and food grains.
3rd June, 2016
India signed the Hague Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation.
- India has recently signed the Hague Code of Conduct against Ballistic Missile Proliferation (HCoC).
Navin Agarwal takes charge as the DG of NADA
- Navin Agarwal is all set to take charge as the Director General of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
Nita Ambani gets nominated for the International Olympic Committee
- Nita Ambani, gets nominated for the International Olympic Committee.
4th June, 2016
Good Country Index places India on 70th position.
- India was placed at the 70th position out of 163 countries in the Good Country index report.
Boxing icon Muhammad Ali bids adieu to the world.
- Muhammad Ali, Boxing legend from America passed away.
Asia’s first Gyps Vulture Reintroduction Programme launched in Haryana.
- A Gyps Vulture Reintroduction Programme, first of its kind in Asia was launched in Haryana.
5th June, 2016
05 June: World Environment Day.
- Across the globe, 5th June is celebrated as the World Environment Day.
- 2016 Theme: Go Wild for Life (Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife).
Novak Djokovic won French Open title 2016
- Novak Djokovic wins French open title 2016.
6th June, 2016
Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour bestowed on PM Narendra Modi.
- Amir Amanullah Khan Award, Highest civilian award of Afghanistan was bestowed on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
V Narayanasamy elected as the CM of Puducherry.
- V Narayanasamy was elected as the Chief Minister of Pudducherry.
7th June, 2016
India attains 2nd position in GRD index on ease of doing business .
- India attains 2nd position out of 30 countries in Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) on ease of doing business.
Dia Mirza selected as the ambassador for Swachh Saathi.
- Dia Mirza, has been selected as the ambassador for Swachh Saathi (student internship) programme.
8 June: World Oceans Day
- The World Oceans Day was celebrated on 8th June across the globe.
- 2016 Theme: “Healthy oceans, healthy planet”.
Surya Mitra Mobile App launched
- Surya Mitra Mobile App was launched by the Union government for the customers of renewable energy.
9th June, 2016
Malabar Exercise 2016 commences near South China Sea
- MALABAR 2016, a trilateral naval Exercise between India , United States and China commences near South China Sea.
10th June, 2016
Sikkim launched open government data portal.
- Sikkim launched an open government data portal, and becomes the first state in India to do the same.
12 June: World Day against Child Labour
- The World Day Against Child Labour is observed globally on 12th June every year.
- 2016 Theme: ‘End child labour in supply chains – It’s everyone’s business.
Saina Nehwal grabs the Australian Open Super Series 2016 trophy.
- Saina Nehwal grabs the Australian Open Super Series 2016 trophy in women’s single category.
13th June, 2016
Akhil Sharma conferred with prestigious International Dublin Literary Award 2016
- Akhil Sharma was conferred with prestigious International Dublin Literary Award 2016 , for his novel “Family Life”.
Peter Thomson takes charge as the President of 71st session of UNGA
- Peter Thomson, from Fiji replaces Mogens Lykketoft as the President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly.
14th June, 2016
Israel , for the first time, will chair UNGA’s Legal Committee.
- For the first time in history, Israel has been selected by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) to chair its Legal Committee.
Anne Hathaway, selected as the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador
- Anne Hathaway has been selected as the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador .
Rio 2016 official slogan : A New World for Olympic and Paralympic Games
- “A New World for Olympic and Paralympic Games”, will be the official slogan(motto) of Rio 2016 Olympics.
17th June, 2016
Sunil Mittal takes charge as the Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce
- Sunil Mittal replaces Terry McGraw as the Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce.
18th June, 2016
Australia won Champions Trophy title of Hockey 2016
- Australia won Champions Trophy title of Hockey 2016 by defeating India in the finals played at London.
20th June, 2016
June 20: World Refugee Day
- World Refugee Day is observed on 20th June across the globe every year.
21st June ,2016
21 June: International Day of Yoga
- International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st june across the globe every year.
- 2016 Theme: “Connect the Youth”.
22nd June, 2016
India attains 10th rank in World Investment Report on FDI inflows
- India attains 10th rank in World Investment Report on FDI inflows.
23rd June, 2016
Anil Kumble gets appointed as the head coach of Indian Cricket Team
- Anil Kumble gets appointed as the head coach of Indian Cricket Team by The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
25th June, 2016
United Kingdom votes to exit European Union in the referendum
- In the Brexit referendum United Kingdom has taken an historic decision to exit European Union.
June 26: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed on 26th June across the globe.
- 2016 theme: “Listen First”.
Sujoy Bose takes charge as the first CEO of NIIF.
- Sujoy Bose takes charge as the first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF).
27th June, 2016
Gudni Johannesson elected as the President of Iceland.
- Gudni Johannesson succeeds Olafur Ragnar Grimsson as the President of Iceland.
28th June, 2016
NS Vishwanathan takes charge as the deputy governor of RBI.
- NS Vishwanathan takes charge as the deputy governor of RBI (Reserve Bank of India).
Majuli, in Assam becomes the first island district of India.
- Majuli, in Assam became the first island district of India.
29th June, 2016
National Statistics Day observed on 29th June
- Commemorating the work of PC Mahalanobis, National Statistics Day is celebrated every year across the nation, on 29th June.
30th June, 2016
Rodrigo Duterte elected as the President of Philippines
- Rodrigo Duterte was elected as the 16th President of Philippines .
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR OUR CORRESPONDENCE COURSES HERE.
You can read more about English HERE
You can read more about Logical Reasoning HERE
You can read more of Current Affairs HERE
You can read more of Legal Reasoning HERE.
You can read more of General Knowledge HERE
1 thought on “<b>Current Affairs for CLAT 2017</b>: June 2016”
Please make an app it will be more covienient.