1st October 2016
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) launches National Mission on Bio Economy
- With the aim of boosting rural economy by using bio resources, National mission on bio economy was launched in Meghalaya, Assam.
2nd October 2016
2nd October celebrated as the International Day of Non -Violence
- Marking the birth anniversary of the Father of our Nation, Mahatma Gandhi,2nd October is celebrated as the International Day of Nonviolence .
3rd October 2016
Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi to be the chief guest for Republic Day celebration
- India announces Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi to be the chief guest for 68th Republic Day celebration.
4th October 2016
Knighthood bestowed upon Prajna Chowta by France.
- Prajna Chowta,Indian film maker was bestowed with Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit) by the French government.
Estonia gets its first female president, Kersti Kaljulaid
- Kersti Kaljulaid gets elected as the first female president of Estonia.
Prestigious Nobel Prize in Medicine 2016 conferred on Yoshinori Ohsumi of Japan
- Prestigious Nobel Prize in Medicine 2016 conferred on Yoshinori Ohsumi of Japan for his outstanding work in the field of autophagy.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India gets its new Chairman, MS Sahoo
- MS Sahoo took charge as the chairman of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), which was constituted recently.
5th October 2016
Prestigious Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 conferred on David Thouless, F Duncan M Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz
- Prestigious Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 conferred on David Thouless, F Duncan M Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz for their tremendous contribution in the field of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.
John F Richards Prize 2016 bestowed on Nayanjot Lahiri
- John F Richards Prize 2016 bestowed on Nayanjot Lahiri for her book on Ashoka .
U .R. Rao inducted into International Astronautical Federation’s Hall of fame
- U.R. Rao, who is a former chairman of ISRO, attains the coveted tag of being the first Indian ever to be inducted into International Astronautical Federation’s Hall of Fame
6th October 2016
CBDT gets its new chairman, Sushil Chandra.
- Sushil Chandra replaces Rani Singh Nair as the new chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
India launches communication satellite GSAT-18
- French Guiana witnessed the successful launch of India’s communication satellite GSAT-18
Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 conferred upon Jean-Pierre Sauvage, J Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 conferred upon Jean-Pierre Sauvage, J Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringafor their contribution in developing molecular machines.
7th October 2016
Juan Manuel Santos conferred with prestigious Nobel Peace Prize 2016
- Juan Manuel Santos, President of Columbia conferred with prestigious Nobel Peace Prize. He was selected for the same for his vehement efforts in putting more than 50-year-long civil war of Colombia to an end.
- Norwegian Nobel Committee gives Nobel peace prize.
8th October 2016
Tamil Nadu develops India’s first Medipark
- India’s first manufacturing park for medical devices (Medipark) set up in Tamil Nadu.
Mumbai gets India’s first International Arbitration Centre.
- With the aim of providing a platform for arbitration to Indian business houses , International Arbitration Centre of India was set up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
10th October 2016
October 10 celebrated as World Mental Health Day
- In order to raise awareness about importance of mental health , world mental health day is celebrated every year across the world on 10th October.
- 2016 theme: “Psychological First Aid”.
Nobel Prize in Economics 2016 conferred upon Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom
- Nobel Prize in Economics 2016 conferred upon Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom. They were selected for this award for their tremendous work in the field of contract theory.
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences gives Nobel Prize in economic sciences.
11th October 2016
11th October celebrated as International Day of the Girl Child.
- Highlighting the rights of a girl child, every year on 11th October , International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC) is celebrated.
- 2016 Theme: “Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: What Counts for Girls”.
12th October 2016
Jitu Rai grabs the Champion of Champions pistol award from ISSF
- By defeating Damir Mikec of Serbia, Jitu Rai, the Indian Shooter has grabbed the Champion of Champions pistol Award 2016.
Abdelilah Bekirane gets re-elected as the Prime minister of Morocco
Telangana gets 21 new districts.
- The number of total districts in Telangana increased to 31, with the creation of 21 new districts in the state.
13th October 2016
Antonio Guterres takes charge as new UN Secretary-General
- Antonio Guterres is set to replace Ban Ki –moon as new UN Secretary General, as he gets elected formally by The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
14th October 2016
Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 bestowed on Bob Dylan
- Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 bestowed on Bob Dylan . Bob Dylan is a singer as well as a songwriter from America.
India secured 97th position in the Global Hunger Index 2016
- The International Food Policy Research Institute released Global Hunger Index 2016 putting India on 97th position out of 118 countries. The index indicated that India’s hunger situation is of ‘serious’ nature.
15th October 2016
Ajay Kumar Bhalla replaces Anup Wadhawan as the new Director General of Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla all set to take charge as the new Director General of Directorate General of Foreign Trade, after he replaces Anup Wadhawan.
International Day of Rural Women observed on October 15.
- Recognising the contribution of rural women, October 15 is observed as The International Day of Rural Women every year.
- 2016 Theme: “Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too”.
16th October 2016
World Food Day celebrated on October 16
- World Food Day is celebrated on October 16 every year, the day on which Food and Agriculture organisation(FAO) was established.
- 2016 Theme: “Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too”.
17th October 2016
Eighth BRICS Summit concluded in Goa
- With the adaption of Goa Declaration, eighth BRICS summit successfully concluded in Goa. Theme for Goa summit : “Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions”.
Promoting awareness among people, 17th October is observed as International Day for the Eradication of Poverty every year across the world.
- 17th October observed as International Day for the Eradication of Poverty across the world.
- 2016 Theme: “Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms”.
18th October 2016
Union Government has appointed Amandeep Singh Gill as Indian Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament
- Amandeep Singh Gill is all set to take charge as Indian Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament
INS Arihant successfully commissioned into service.
- INS Arihant , which is a strategic nuclear submarine ,first of its kind to be indigenously developed in India, gets successfully commissioned into service.
- With this India has completed its set of nuclear triad.
Ashok Leyland develops India’s first indigenously built electric bus.
- Ashok Leyland unveils India’s first indigenously built zero emissions electric bus .
19th October 2016
Saina Nehwal, makes India proud by becoming the member of International Olympic Committee’s Athletes’ Commission
First International Prize in Statistics conferred on Sir David Cox.
20th October 2016
Kashmiri Red Stag categorised as Critically Endangered.
- Kashmiri Red Stag to be declared as Critically Endangered by IUNC (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
22nd October 2016
UDAN Scheme launched by Union Government
- In order to facilitate the people in smaller town, UDAN(Ude Desh ka Aam naagrik ), which is a regional air connectivity scheme, was launched.
India declared as the winner of Kabaddi World Cup 2016
- India wins Kabaddi World Cup 2016 , by defeating Iran.
24th October 2016
United Nations Day observed on 24th October.
25th October 2016
Project Urja Ganga launched in Varanasi
- Project Urja Ganga, which aims at providing CNG gas and piped cooking gas to the people in North Eastern part of the country , was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
26th October 2016
Mitra Shakti 2016, India – Sri Lanka joint military exercise commences in Sri Lanka.
- Fourth Edition of Mitra Shakti, a joint military exercise between Sri Lanka and India commences in Sri Lanka.
Man Booker Prize 2016 conferred on Paul Beatty
- Paul Beatty attains the coveted tag of becoming the first author from USA to be awarded Man Booker Prize, for his book ‘The Sellout’.
World Bank places India on 130th position in their Ease of Doing Business index 2017
- India placed at 130th position , by the World Bank in their recently released Ease of Doing Business index 2017.
27th October 2016
Karnal Singh takes charge as Director of Enforcement Directorate
India and Estonia sign the agreement on the transfer of sentenced persons
- Agreement on transfer of sentenced persons was signed between India and Estonia. This step will help the prisoners of the respective country to serve the rest of their punishment in their own countries, so that they can feel at home there can stay close to their family.
Bird Flu situation to be monitored by newly constituted Munialappa Committee
- To monitor the bird flu situation Munialappa committee has been constituted by The Union Agricultural Ministry.
- Dr. Munialappathe Joint Commissioner in the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries (DADF)
28th October 2016
Ayurveda day was observed for the first time across the nation on 28th October.
- Ayurveda day was observed for the first time across the nation on 28 October 28 to mark the Dhanwantari Jayanti.
- 2016 theme: Ayurveda for Prevention and Control of Diabetes
Ross Sea was put into the category of world’s largest Marine Protected Area.
- Ross Sea in Antarctica now will be the world’s largest Marine Protected Area (MPA). This step was taken in order to preserve its marine ecosystem.
Sunil Bharti Mittal replaces Jon Fredrik Baksaas as the new Chairman of GSMA
- Sunil Bharti Mittal takes charge as the Chairman of GSM Association (GSMA) after succeeding Jon Fredrik Baksaas.
- Sunil Bharti is the founder of Bharti Enterprises.
Nation Celebrated Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- To mark the birth anniversary Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, National Unity Day was observed on 31st October
- Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel is known as the iron man of India. He was the first Deputy Prime Minister of Independent India.
2016 Theme: ‘Integration of India’.
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR OUR CORRESPONDENCE COURSES HERE.
You can read more about English HERE
You can read more about Logical Reasoning HERE
You can read more of Current Affairs HERE
You can read more of Legal Reasoning HERE.
You can read more of General Knowledge HERE