1st November 2016
Sushil Chandra takes charge as CBDT chairman
- Sushil Chandra replaces Rani Singh Nair as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) .
- CBDT is nodal body of the Income Tax (IT) department which works under the Union Finance Ministry
Surya Kiran’ s 10th edition Commences in Nepal
- Indo-Nepal Joint Military Exercise Surya Kiran-X has commenced at, Saljhandi, Nepal.
- This exercise is conducted annually with the aim of countering terrorism in mountainous terrain.
Nation celebrated Rashtriya ekta diwas on 31st October
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was observed on 31st October across the nation marking the birth anniversary of Sardar vallabh Bhai Patel, also known as the Iron Man of India.
- The theme this year was: Integration of India.
India secured 133rd rank in 2016 Global Youth Development Index
- India secured 133rd rank out of 183 countries in the 2016 Global Youth Development Index (YDI).
2nd November 2016
Saur Sujala Yojana launched
- To equip farmers with solar power irrigation pumps at a subsidized price Saur Sujala Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Bindeshwar Pathak appointed as brand ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission
- The Union Ministry of Railways has appointed Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak, as the Brand Ambassador for Swachh Rail Mission of Indian Railway.
- He is also the founder of Sulabh International
Sarabjit Singh Marwah becomes Canada’s first Sikh Senator
- Sarabjit Singh Marwah of Indian origin has become the first Sikh to be appointed to the Canadian Senate .
M.N Sharma , first chief architect of Chandigarh passed away.
- M.N Sharma , who was the first chief architect of Chandigarh passed away.
- He also authored the book , “Making of Chandigarh : Le Corbusier and after”
Katherine Espin grabs the title of Miss Earth 2016
- Katherine Espin of Ecuador won the 2016 Miss earth title.
3rd November 2016
Rekha honoured with the prestigious DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award
- Bollywood actress Rekha will be honoured by the Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Kim Byong Joon – New Prime Minister of South Korea.
- Kim Byong Joon will be the new prime minister of South Korea.
- He will succeed Hwang Kyo Ahn.
M.S Dhoni – Most valued Indian athlete
- Indian Cricketer, M.S Dhoni was categorised as the most valued Indian athlete in the recently released Forbes Fab 40 list.
4th November 2016
Maharashtra- The first state to launch cyber police stations in all district
- Maharashtra acquires the title of the first state in the country to have a cyber-police station in each district to take on cyber crimes.
India’s first titanium project starts test production in Odisha
- The first titanium project of India has started its test production in Odisha.
- This is first of its kind titanium plant and the only one in the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Asia’s largest man made jungle safari in Chhattisgarh.
Largest man made jungle was inaugurated in chhattisgarh by prime minister Narendra Modi.
5th November 2016
Google – ASI tieup for virtual tour of monuments
- Google has tied up with Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for virtual tour of 280 monuments across the country.
Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan was launched.
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) was launched to ensure free health check-ups to pregnant women at government health centres and hospitals.
7th edition of India – Bangladesh Joint military exercise, SAMPRITI commences in Dhaka.
- India-Bangladesh joint military exercise SAMPRITI-2016 has commenced in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Aim of the 7th edition -Countering terrorism.
Indian Women’s hockey team acquired the coveted title of winner of 2016 Asian Champions Trophy
- Indian Women’s hockey team has won the 2016 Asian Champions Trophy held in Singapore.
Aniruddha Rajput became the first Indian ,to be elected as a member of United Nations ‘s International Law Commission.
6th November 2016
Ranveer singh appointed as brand ambassador of Switzerland’s tourism campaign.
- Bollywood Actor, Ranveer Singh has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Switzerland’s tourism campaign ‘Nature wants you back’.
Indian army launched operation “School chalo” in Kashmir
- Operation School chalo has been launched by Indian Army in South Kashmir in order to encourage children to go to school daily.
7th November 2016
M Rajeshwar replaces G . Mahalingam as the Executive Director of RBI
- M .Rajeshwar takes charge as new Executive director of RBI .
- He will succeed G. Mahalingam
8th November 2016
Rs. 500, Rs. 1,000 notes no longer legal tender.
- The Union Government has announced that Rs. 500, Rs. 1,000 notes will cease to be legal tender.
- The step of demonetising these two currency units was taken to root out black money, corruption and fake currency notes from India.
9th November 2016
Kamala Harris -first Indian-American to win US Senator seat
- Kamala Harris created history by becoming the first Indian-American to win the US Senate seat from the state.
Donald Trump elected as 45th President of United States
- Donald Trump, Republican party’s candidate, was elected as 45th President of United States of America (USA).
- He will succeed Barack Obama.
India’s first LNG-powered bus launched in Kerala
- India’s first eco-friendly, liquefied natural gas (LNG)-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
RBI issues new series of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 currency notes
- The new and improved notes for 500 rupees and 2,000 rupees denomination has been issued by Reserve Bank Of India.
Praveen Kumar Sharma appointed as CR, MD & CEO of CERSAI
- Praveen Kumar Sharma gets appointed as the Central Registrar (CR), Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India (CERSAI).
10th November 2016
Peru to host 2016 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit
- The 2016 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum’s Leaders Summit will be held in Lima, Peru.
- The theme of the summit will be “Quality Growth and Human Development”.
Guy Ryder gets re-elected as Director General of ILO
- Guy Ryder has been re-elected as the Director-General of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
- He hails from United Kingdom.
Union Government launches Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana for entrepreneurs
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY) has been launched by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Its aim is to scale up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for youngsters.
Healthy India Initiative magazine and No More Tension mobile App launched
- Healthy India Initiative magazine and No More Tension mobile App has been launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- It was launched in order to promote healthy habits amongst the people.
11th November 2016
Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement signed between India and Japan.
- India has signed a bilateral Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement with Japan .
- With this, India becomes the first Non-NPT country with which Japan has signed a Civil Nuclear Agreement.
China launched pulsar navigation satellite XPNAV-1
- China has launched X-Ray pulsar navigation satellite XPNAV-1.
- It is the world’s first pulsar navigation satellite.
Rahul Dravid becomes the brand ambassador of the 2017 T20 Blind Cricket world cup
- Rahul dravid has become the brand ambassador of the 2017 T20 blind cricket world cup.
- This time India will host this world cup.
12th November 2016
November 12: World Pneumonia Day
- The World Pneumonia Day is observed worldwide every year on 12th November to generate awareness about this disease.
- 2016 Theme: “Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now”.
First banking robot of India, Lakshmi launched in Chennai
- India’s first banking robot named Lakshmi was launched by the City Union Bank (CUB) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Lakshmi will be the first humanoid (robot) in India.
SAIL won the prestigious Golden Peacock Award 2016 for Corporate Governance
- The prestigious Golden Peacock Award was conferred on the Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) for their Corporate Governance.
Kalidas Samman to be conferred on Professor Raj Bisaria
- Renowned theatre artist Prof Raj Bisaria was selected for the prestigious ‘Kalidas Samman’ national award for the year 2015-16.
13th November 2016
Narinder batra – first Indian to be elected as the president of International Hockey Federation.
- Narinder batra becomes the first Indian and also the first Asian to be elected as the president of International Hockey Federation.
- He will succeed Spaniard leandro negre.
14th November 2016
Meng Hongwei took charge as the new president of INTERPOL .
- Meng Hongwei, of China, has been elected as the new President of International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
- He will be the first Chinese citizen to hold this post.
15th November 2016
Supermoon was observed
- The Supermoon was observed on 15th of November 2016 . On this day the moon was closest to the Earth at 356,509 km.
- This is for the first time moon came closest to Earth since 1948.
2016 National Women Premier Chess Championship, won by Padmini Rout
- Padmini Rout has won the 2016 National Women Premier Chess Championship.
16th November 2016
November 16: International Day for Tolerance
- The International Day for Tolerance is observed on 16 November worldwide.
Sixth edition of India -China joint training exercise, Hand in Hand begins in Pune.
- The sixth edition of India-China Joint Training Exercise “Hand in Hand 2016 begins in Pune, Maharashtra with the aim of promoting healthy relations between the two parties
17th November 2016
National Student Start-up Policy launched
- President Pranab Mukherjee launched the National Student Startup Policy (NSSP).
- This policy will focus on the promotion of technology-driven student start-ups.
CRPF appointed women commandos for Anti-Naxal operations for the first time.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has deployed a team of women commandos in Anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand, for the first time in history.
18th November 2014
Iran becomes India’s top crude oil supplier
- Iran, after surpassing Saudi Arabia, for the first time ever became India’s top crude oil supplier.
19th November 2016
The World Toilet Day is observed every year across the world on 19th November .
- This day is observed to raise awareness about the global sanitation crisis.
- 2016 Theme: “Toilets and jobs”. It focuses on how sanitation crisis can have a great impact on livelihoods of people.
Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia was honoured 2016 Sumitra Charat Ram Award
- Pandit Hari Prasad Chourasia was honoured with 2016 Sumitra Charat Ram Award.
- He was chosen for this award for his lifetime achievement in the field of Indian classical music.
Jagdish Singh Khehar replaces Anil R. Dave as the executive chairman of NALSA
- Jagdish Singh Khehar gets appointed as the new Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
- He will succeed Anil R. Dave.
Quami Ekta Week (National Integration Week) 2016
- The Qaumi Ekta Week (National Integration Week) was observed all over the country.
- This week was devoted to maintaining the spirit of Communal Harmony and National Integration in the country.
20th November 2016
Indian film personality of the year award was bestowed on SP Balasubrahmaniam
- India’s legendary singer , S.P. Balasubrahmaniam , was bestowed with the 2016 centenary Indian film personality of the year award.
- He was conferred with this award at the 47th International film festival of India.
21st November 2016
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana was launched.
- Prime Minister launched the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMAY-G), housing for all scheme to ensure that affordable pucca house is available to rural poor by the year 2022
World’s first Sanskrit Award was bestowed on princess of Thailand Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
- The first Sanskrit award was conferred on the princess of Thailand, Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, for her continuous efforts in the promotion of the language.
World’s longest quantum communication line launched in China.
- China launches world’s longest quantum communication line, which connects Hefei to Shanghai.
47th edition of International Film Festival of India begins in Goa
PV Sindhu won 2016 China Open Super Series Premier title
- PV Sindhu clinched the 2016 China Open Super Series title in women’s category.
22nd November 2016
Gaganjeet Bhullar w Indonesia Open
- Gaganjeet Bhullar attains the title of the winner of the Indonesian golf Open.
Radhika Menon – First woman to receive IMO’s Exceptional Bravery award at Sea
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea was bestowed on Radhika Menon .
- She is the first woman in all over the world to receive this Award.
India attains CERN’s associate membership
- India became an associate member of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN).
- CERN is known as the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory.
INS Chennai commissioned into Indian Navy
- INS Chennai, a missile destroyer stealth guided ship was commissioned into Indian Navy.
- It is the largest warship to be built in India ever.
Longest expressway in India, constructed in Uttar Pradesh
- Longest expressway in India, constructed in Uttar Pradesh .
- This expressway will connect Agra and lucknow.
23rd November 2016
MGK Menon passes away
- Prof. M G K Menon, India’s famous physicist passed away.
- He was given the title of India’s most eminent “statesmen of science”.
Pankaj Patel replaces Harshvardhan Neotia as the President of FICCI.
- Pankaj Patel gets elected for the post of President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2017.
- He will succeed Harshavardhan Neotia .
The title of India’s First E- Assembly constituency was attained by Palampur Assembly Constituency
- Palampur assembly constituency in Himachal Pradesh has earned the coveted tag of becoming India’s first E- Assembly constituency.
24th November 2016
First payment bank services of India launched in Rajasthan by Airtel.
- Airtel Payments Bank Limited became the first payments bank in India to launch live banking services .
Nikki Haley becomes the first Indian – American to be selected as the US ambassador to UN
- US President-elect Donald Trump has named Indian – American Nikki Haley for the post of US ambassador to the United Nations.
- She will be the first Indian-American to be appointed to such a post.
Yudhvir Singh Malik appointed as new Chairman of NHAI
- The Union Government has appointed Yudhvir Singh Malik as the Chairman of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- He will succeed Raghav Chandra.
Malini Subramaniam bestowed with International Press Freedom Award
- Indian journalist Malini Subramaniam was conferred with the 2016 International Press Freedom Award.
India signed bank information sharing deal with Switzerland
- India has recently signed bank information sharing deal with Switzerland.
- The agreement was signed for the implementation of automatic exchange of bank account information between the two countries.
25th November 2016
World Robot Olympiad held in India for the first time
- 13th edition of the World Robot Olympiad was hosted by India
- This is for first time that India got this opportunity of hosting this olympiad.
25 November, known as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- 25th November is observed as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women across the world.
26th November 2016
Air Seva website and app launched to track flights, register complaints
- Air Seva website and app was launched by The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation .
- This app is designed to ensure a convenient and hassle-free air travel experience.
National Milk Day celebrated on 26th November
- The National Milk Day was observed on 26th November ,on the birth anniversary Dr.Verghese Kurien.
- Dr . Verghese Kurien is known as the father of the White Revolution in India.
Cuba’s former President Fidel Castro leaves the world.
- Former president of Cuba , who also led the Communist revolution Fidel Castro passed away due to old age.
- He was also the Commander in chief of the Cuban revolution in 1959
India celebrated Constitution Day on 26th November
- 26th November is celebrated as Samvidhan diwas or Constitution day in India.
- India adopted its constitution on this day in 1949, even though the constitution was adopted in 1949 , it came into force only from 26th January , 1950
Amitabh Kant committee constituted to promote cashless transactions
- Union government constitutes Amitabh Kant committee with the aim of transforming India into a cashless economy by identifying various loopholes affecting access of digital payments.
- Amitabh Kant is also the CEO of Niti Aayog.
28th November 2016
Farmers all over the country gets connected through Government launched e-Pashuhaat portal
- In order to maintain effective connectivity between the farmers of the country , e- pashuhaat was launched by the government
Lt. Gen. Qamar Bajwa replaces Gen. Raheel Sharif as the new Army chief of Pakistan
- Lt. Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa gets appointed as the Pakistan’s New Army chief.
- He will succeed Gen. Raheel Sharif.
29th November 2016
Gujarat’s Akodara earns the title of India’s first Digital Village
- Gujarat’s Akodara village has earned the title of India’s first digital village.
- In this village transactions of almost every kind, are carried out through digital modes like SMS, net-banking or debit cards.
Indian Police at Your Call mobile app launched
- ‘Indian Police at Your Call’ mobile app was recently launched by Narendra Modi.
- This app is designed in a way, so that it helps the people in emergency to easily locate the police stations near to their current location.
30th November 2016
Uttar Pradesh gets Asia’s first cycle highway
- The longest and Asia’s first cycle highway was inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh.. Its a 207- km long cycle highway between Etawah and Agra.
Lt General AK Bhatt replaces Lt. General Ranbir Singh as the new Director General of Military operations
- Lt-General A K Bhatt is appointed as the new director-general of military operations (DGMO).
- He will succeed Lt-General Ranbir Singh.
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR OUR CORRESPONDENCE COURSES HERE.
You can read more about English HERE
You can read more about Logical Reasoning HERE
You can read more of Current Affairs HERE
You can read more of Legal Reasoning HERE.
You can read more of General Knowledge HERE